AirPR is currently seeking outstanding engineers to join our burgeoning team to help us find solutions to some of the most complex challenges facing the business world today.
A little more about AirPR engineers:
- When our engineers are given a technical problem, there will often not be a clear path to the solution. AirPR engineers are encouraged to go out, explore, and manifest a proposed answer based on their knowledge and research. We pair this autonomy with ample time working with the wider technical team.
- AirPR’s servers process hundreds of thousands of requests per second, millions of jobs per day, and over 150 terabytes of data a month on hundreds of machines. Some systems have such strict latency requirements that even one disk access is too slow. At our core, AirPR processes and churns through vast amounts of data while tackling the fascinating technical challenges that come with this volume.
- Engineers use Ruby as our main language, but AirPR engineers should be ready, willing, and able to pick up other languages to solve the technical problems at hand.
- As an AirPR engineer, you will see the impact of your work on an industry that has seen little to no technological advancement. Your work directly affects and drives our client-facing platforms. Everything our engineers do has meaning.
- At AirPR, engineers own and execute specific projects, but everyone has the opportunity to work with a small team to grow and develop skills.
- Lead the maintenance of a cluster of crawler instances, elasticsearch instances, multiple mysql databases and other systems
- Lead the development of continuous integration and deployment solution for production applications across different software stacks
- Create solutions for ingesting and managing massive numbers of documents in real time for search and analysis
- Implement monitoring solutions to identify both production issues and system bottlenecks
- Explore and implement data storage schemes such as sharding and/or clustering to maximize performance
- Work with technologies like Python, Ruby, Scala, Memcached, MySQL, MongoDB etc.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field and/or equivalent experience in the space
- Exceptional software engineering talent
- Experience with deploying and managing servers and database instances with EC2 and other providers preferable
- Experience with developing custom solutions for monitoring, deployment and continuous integration
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, Vagrant, Jenkins, etc. is a plus
- Experience with Cassandra/HBase is a plus
- Interest in exploring alternative self-hosted application deployment engines such as docker/deis
- Interest in optimizing and tweaking server settings and code for maximum performance
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and effectively adapts to change.
- Self-motivated team player with fresh ideas when it comes to product innovation
- Creative, energetic and self-driven
Come join our team: email@example.com