BACKEND/FULL-STACK SOFTWARE ENGINEER
AirPR is currently seeking outstanding engineers to join our burgeoning team to help us find solutions to some of the most complex challenges facing the business world today. Here are just some of the technical challenges we are in the midst of solving:
- Scalable web application development
- Real-time streaming systems
- Massively distributed infrastructure
- Auto-scaling, self-healing resources
- Distributed/Clustered databases
- Data Visualization/ UX / HCI problems
- Statistical analysis, correlation, and anomaly detection
- Sentiment analysis on articles
- Topic categorization
- Article categorization
- Machine learning
- Spam and relevance detection
- NLP problems
A little more about AirPR engineers:
- When our engineers are given a technical problem, there will often not be a clear path to the solution. AirPR engineers are encouraged to go out, explore, and manifest a proposed answer based on their knowledge and research. We pair this autonomy with ample time working with the wider technical team.
- AirPR’s servers process hundreds of thousands of requests per second, millions of jobs per day, and over 150 terabytes of data a month on hundreds of machines. Some systems have such strict latency requirements that even one disk access is too slow. At our core, AirPR processes and churns through vast amounts of data while tackling the fascinating technical challenges that come with this volume.
- Engineers use Ruby as our main language, but AirPR engineers should be ready, willing, and able to pick up other languages to solve the technical problems at hand.
- As an AirPR engineer, you will see the impact of your work on an industry that has seen little to no technological advancement. Your work directly affects and drives our client-facing platforms. Everything our engineers do has meaning.
- At AirPR, engineers own and execute specific projects, but everyone has the opportunity to work with a small team to grow and develop skills.
- Implement core features of multiple data-intensive production applications across different software stacks
- Architect highly scalable, distributed systems efficiently using open source tools.
- Explore and implement complex caching strategies for quick delivery of vast amounts of data
- Work with technologies like Ruby on Rails, Python, Scala, Memcached, MySQL, MongoDB, etc.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field and/or equivalent experience in the space
- Exceptional software engineering talent
- Experience with web applications, databases, distributed systems, and machine learning is a plus
- Passion for learning and implementing new technologies and software engineering practices
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and effectively adapts to change.
- Self-motivated team player with fresh ideas when it comes to product innovation
- Creative, energetic and self-driven
Come join our team: email@example.com